DevOps Engineer (AWS, Docker)
As a DevOps Engineer, you will quickly get involved in shaping and handling key areas of our delivery and development process. You’ll receive honest feedback and challenging work to help you grow and develop. We’ll encourage you to take on as much responsibility as you can handle and suggest improvements and maintain key areas as AWS Infrastructure, Disaster recovery, Security, Scalability, Redundancy, Continuous Delivery, etc.
Working with the VP of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for maintaining GenieBelt’s AWS infrastructure. This includes:
- Ensuring the infrastructure is configured suitably for scalability and is suitably redundant
- Defining, monitoring, triaging, and doing 1st-level fixing of alerts
- Defining (and, if necessary, executing) disaster recovery plans
- Building docker images; updating them suitably when necessary
- Managing licenses, system access, security policies
- Maintaining various internal systems, such as our continuous integration server, our automated test systems, etc.
- Actively picking up other things that need doing
- You have experience of doing DevOps in a team environment
- You have a CS degree or equivalent, preferably with good knowledge of AWS and Docker
- You have experience working in SQL with a relational database, e.g. Postgres, MySQL, or similar
- You either already know Terraform, RabbitMQ and Redis, or can pick them up quickly
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails is a plus
- You’re able to freely give and seek feedback
- You are comfortable with managing yourself and prefer to deliver without needing to be supervised closely
GenieBelt offers 25 days of paid holiday a year and flexible hours around core hours of 9:30 to 3:30. We offer catered lunches every single day where everyone eats together. Our sociable, spacious, central office in Copenhagen is a relaxed, fun space with a football table, fish nets hanging from the ceiling, tea and coffee, daily fruit, occasional cakes on Wednesdays and free beer on Fridays. There’s also occasional travel to Poland to meet and work with our Polish team.
We believe teams are stronger when they are diverse. We strive to be inclusive and transparent in our recruitment and in the way we approach our work, and we avoid office politics and gossip.