Expert Ruby on Rails Developer
GenieBelt needs you to revolutionise construction! Are you ready?
We are looking for a talented and motivated expert Ruby on Rails Developer who can hit the ground running and take our product to the next level. Join the GenieBelt (soon to be LetsBuild) team and help us redefine planning, collaboration and communication in the construction industry worldwide.
Secure your place as an essential part of our Łódź team and write your own history. We are transforming the construction industry after all!
As an Expert Backend Developer, you will quickly get involved in developing new features and fixing bugs, on any aspect of the product you’re passionate about. You will be able to hone your application architecture design skills and influence how our backend services are structured.
You’ll receive honest feedback and challenging work to help you grow and develop. We’ll encourage you to take on as much responsibility as you can handle, and within 3 months you will be able to actively participate in steering the development direction of our server platform.
We have an agile development process:
- In general, we have two-week iterations, so you’ll quickly experience the software development process multiple times, including seeing customer feedback on features you’ve built.
- You will participate in iteration planning activities.
- You’ll understand why you’re building what you’re building. We don’t want you to feel like a small cog in a big machine.
- You get to choose what you work on and how to approach it in each iteration.
- You have been actively involved in building and / or maintaining a production Ruby on Rails project.
- Broad background in Computer Science fundamentals backed by experience in designing, developing, and debugging software.
- Knowledge about different system architectures and frameworks, and opinions about what works and what doesn’t.
- Solid back-end development experience, including messaging queues, relational databases and scaling architectures.
- Familiarity with Ruby meta programming is an advantage.
- Proficiency in writing readable and maintainable code.
- The ability to self-manage is critical, as is the capacity to share knowledge and support the team.
- Know how to make the appropriate trade-offs when designing a system, and that the “right choice” will often differ based on requirements, not on dogma.
- Good English communication skills are vital.
GenieBelt offers a relaxed but ambitious atmosphere. We have a very non-hierarchical organisation and believe that our staff can make the right decisions in their field. Teams are stronger when they are diverse and with that in mind we strive to establish a transparent and egalitarian environment where everyone knows each other and everyone knows how the company is doing.
We enjoy our occasional cakes and snacks on Wednesdays and a cold beer or a nice barbeque from time to time. We also have our own pool table!
As if that were not enough, we offer 25 days of paid holidays a year and flexible hours around core hours of 9:30 to 15:30. There’s also occasional travel to Copenhagen and Brussels to meet and work with our colleagues there.
We look forward to hearing from you!